The Introduction to Rock Climbing course emphasizes learning the basics to have fun on the rock. Covering, safety information, basic techniques and emphasizing fun; the Intro to Rock Climbing course is a popular choice for families with kids or people who are new to the sport.
Your registration fee includes all necessary equipment and a bag lunch for a full day.
At High Peaks Mountain Adventures we enjoy sharing our passion with others. We hope that we can help others discover what they are passionate about in the process. Our Introduction to Rock Climbing course is designed to inspire a love of climbing in a safe, beautiful, and comfortable environment which is perfect for kids and families
* Our State licensed guides are experts in Adirondack rock and are schooled in the newest and safest methods available. If you are interested in rock climbing for the first time or are a beginner in need of some experience here is what you can expect from our Introductory Course:
"Chalk Talk" informational session in our guide facility regarding the equipment and methods we employ.
* How to put on and adjust, a harness, helmet and shoes.
* Properly tie basic knots.
* Voice commands and safety practices at the cliff.
* Basic footwork and climbing techniques.
* How to be lowered on belay.
* Climbing and hiking in an inspirational setting
* To be treated courteously by our guides
*** LOTS of FUN!!
If this sounds like something you could be passionate about call us @ 518-523-3764, e-mail:
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
If you want to register for a guided trip on-line please:
Click on the link at the bottom of the page for rates and available dates.
Call our store at 518-523-3764 to make a reservation.